July 06, 2011

Into the Light...

Finally, my cuff is done.  As I worked tirelessly on it I had an epiphany:  the effect reminded me of dawn and dusk.  The intricate black design against the soft pink stone characterizes it to most sunset and sunrise pictures.
Into the Light Cuff
Bezeled Pink Stone with Intricate Black Overlay
11/0 Matte Black Delicas, 13/0 Czech Black Rounds
6/0 Matte Black Rounds

Instead of making the super long earrings I mentioned, I decided to try my luck with making bead embroidered studs.  Here's how they turned out...

Into The Light Studs
Bezeled Rhodonite Stone
I absolutely LOVE how they turned out and I'm currently working on a second pair.   I assure you that you have not seen the last of this style.  I'm too much in love with how both turned out.  Stay tuned... I'm working on a new design, different from the this one.  As you will soon come to know, I cannot be hung up on one design, too boring, I usually cycle through techniques to get my fix to create unique jewelry.

8 comments :

  1. Oh wow these pieces are gorgeous! You make amazing jewelry! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm now a new follower of yours too! :D

    Looking forward to seeing more of your jewelry designs :)

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an outstanding design, Nissa! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cuff and the matching stud earrings are stunning. Also am very curious to see your bead embroidered owl as it progresses. Found your blog through a comment you posted, and will enjoy following your work. Thank you for sharing it.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cuff! Btw, thanks for fluttering by my blog. I'm following back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am SOOOOOO in love with this cuff...it's absolutely amazing! OMG...it's so delicate, and intricate yet so HOTT, lol...just LOVE it! Great job, and I'm definitely a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google Analytics