August 06, 2011

Experiment #1

Yesterday, I went to Joann's and I bought Beadweaving with Cabochons by Marie Geraud  because I LOVED her Syrah design.  I think I'm missing something when it comes to tension, either I have too much or not enough in some places, it might end up that I have both problems. This was my feeble attempt at one motif.
Syrah Motif
6mm Swarovski Round
4mm Swarovski Crystals
11/0 Delicas 15/0 Rocailles
I have a lot of work ahead of me.  It was also very silly of me to buy the grey rounds without buying corresponding grey bicones.  Sigh.  Thankfully I had enough for one motif even though I have no idea what I'm going to do with this. 

3 comments :

  1. It looks beautiful. Maybe you could attach some type of backing to it and use it as a pendant on a beaded necklace ?

    My biggest frustration with making jewelry is I never seem to have everything that I need and am always having to purchase more and more supplies. :) I find that when I have a problem with tension in beading it's because I've substituted beads that weren't in the original design such as #11 Delica beads
    instead of the more rounded, Czech #11 seed beads. Other times it is just the thread that I use, some threads stretches more than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nissa - I found a beaded pendant design that is a little different than this one but has a lot of the same feel and look to it. Unfortunately the directions are written in Hungarian but has a lot of step by step photos so it may not be too hard to follow. The beaded pendant instructions can be found at http://krisztigyongy.blogspot.com/2010/08/itt-greta-mintaja.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola amiga, me acabo de encontrar on tu blog y me he quedado maravillada de tus trabajos. Te felicito pues tiene mucho merito.
    Soy una aficionada más en la bisuteria con delicas japonesas e igualmente intento hacer mis creaciones con alguna guia de otras artistas aficionadas pero siempre me gusta darle un toque personal.
    Sigue adelante y gracias por mostrarnos tus trabajos. Mi favorito es el brazalete de la piedra rosa y delicas negras. Es maravilloso!
    Un saludo
    thepattiemoju

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google Analytics