April 12, 2011

Catching Up...

I know I haven't updated in a while so this is my attempt of squashing two and a half months into one post. After a week of jet lag and unpacking, I whipped out my lovely beads. The first piece that I made was a bronze net bracelet but it didn't 'click' with me so I didn't finish it yet until I find some WOW factor it’s going to stay that way. Then for a couple of weeks I searched and searched for ideas finally I came across a peyote bracelet, it was in panels connected with larger beads.  My version of that bracelet:
<><> <><> <><>
Peyote Stitch Bracelet, Sterling Silver, Pearls
I need to clean the clasp, it's hard maintaining sterling silver in hot humid weather.  After I completed this piece, I made jewelry for my two nieces, a simple herringbone bracelet along with a Swarovski crystal necklace.  Unfortunately, I gave them their gifts before I could take pictures of them. 

Then I started experimenting with peyote and circular peyote stitch.  My first attempt was an open circular peyote stitch elongated hexagon. The fact that it was flat decreased its impact visually.

Circular Peyote Stitch Elongated Hexagon
 So I made a puffy pentagon using the same idea as above, since I was using size 00 Nymo I had to stuff the inside with cotton so it would retain its shape.
Circular Peyote Stitch Puffy Pentagon
The next thing that I worked on was beaded beads. I am absolutely in LOVE with these and I think I'll end up making millions of these tiny beaded beads. 
4mm Peyote Covered Beaded Berry Bead
I've also been working on 3-D Stars, they are quite simple really.  So I've decided to make a tutorial on how to make these stars.
3-D Star

Hopefully, I'll have the tutorial up in a couple of days.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google Analytics